By Mary Ellen Snodgrass
This A-to-Z compendium explores greater than one hundred fifty American ladies activists from colonial occasions to the current, studying their backgrounds and the focal point in their activism, and gives examples in their speeches.
• Covers matters from 1637 to 2015, representing minority views and speeches
• Surveys oration as a way of enlightening the general public at the wishes of the bad, disenfranchised, undereducated, and underemployed females
• Introduces much less commonplace activists, equivalent to Samantha strength and Ai-jen Poo
• comprises illustrations; a timeline; an appendix of important speeches pointed out through name, date, atmosphere, and subject; and a bibliography of fundamental and secondary sources
Read or Download American Women Speak: An Encyclopedia and Document Collection of Women's Oratory [2 volumes] PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
The Encyclopedia of eastern company and administration is the definitive reference resource for the exploration of jap company and administration. Reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of this box, the Encyclopedia consolidates and contextualises the top study and data concerning the eastern enterprise method and eastern administration idea and perform.
A two-volume reference set for all ceramicists, either in learn and dealing in industryThe basically definitive reference overlaying the total box of complicated ceramics from primary technological know-how and processing to applicationContributions from over 50 major researchers from round the worldThis new guide can be a necessary source for ceramicists.
A better half to Survey learn presents a serious assessment and consultant to survey equipment. instead of a suite of formulation, survey layout is known as a craft the place the interpretation of study questions right into a questionnaire, pattern layout and knowledge assortment method relies on realizing how respondents solution questions and their willingness to accomplish a survey.
Accessibly written through a crew of overseas authors, the Encyclopedia of Environmental switch offers a gateway to the complicated proof, thoughts, strategies, method and philosophy of environmental change. This three-volume set illustrates and examines themes inside of this dynamic and swiftly altering interdisciplinary box.
- The Major International Treaties of the Twentieth Century: A History and Guide with Texts
- On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio
- Encyclopedia of the City
- Oil Traders' Words: A dictionary of oil trading jargon
- Encyclopedia of Emancipation and Abolition in the Transatlantic World
- The Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism
Additional resources for American Women Speak: An Encyclopedia and Document Collection of Women's Oratory [2 volumes]
American Women Speak: An Encyclopedia and Document Collection of Women's Oratory [2 volumes] by Mary Ellen Snodgrass