By Noe Torres
Read or Download Baseball's First Mexican-American Star: The Amazing Story of Leo Najo PDF
Best baseball books
Overlaying 9 groups from Divisions I, II and III, NAIA, and junior university, this booklet presents a view of school baseball from pack up. Chapters draw at the motion of 9 weekend sequence, incorporating interviews of gamers, coaches, and directors to hide subject matters reminiscent of recruiting, summer season ball, teachers, and the most important League draft.
This is often the tale of 1 of the main dramatic baseball seasons ever, because it stretched either backwards and forwards—from the ghosts of seasons and avid gamers prior to the truth of what undefined. before everything of 1986, many of the baseball speak was once approximately cash; on the finish it used to be a couple of season that performed out with a compelling solid of memorable characters—Bonds, Canseco, Puckett, Ryan, Rose, Boyd, Gooden, Strawberry, Clemens, Boggs, Hernandez, and extra.
Because the founding baseball, few groups have risen above years of mediocrity basically to work out their fortunes interrupted by means of battle and tragedy. Fewer nonetheless have then rallied to win the realm sequence. within the early 20th century, the Cleveland Indians introduced the realm championship to their urban of passionate fanatics in a astounding sort that has but to be replicated.
From the 1st beginner leagues of the 1860s to the exploits of Livan and Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez, this is the definitive background of baseball in Cuba. Roberto Gonzalez Echevarria expertly lines the arc of the sport, intertwining its heroes and their tales with the politics, track, dance, and literature of the Cuban humans.
- Winning in Both Leagues: Reflections from Baseball's Front Office
- Ted Williams and the 1969 Washington Senators: The Last Winning Season
- Ralph Kiner: A Baseball Biography
- The Call Up to the Majors: A Proximity-Based Approach to the Economics of Minor League Baseball (Sports Economics, Management and Policy)
- Baseball's Greatest Series: Yankees, Mariners, and the 1995 Matchup That Changed History
- Red Sox Baseball in the Days of Ike and Elvis: The Red Sox of the 1950s (SABR Digital Library Book 6)
Extra info for Baseball's First Mexican-American Star: The Amazing Story of Leo Najo
Baseball's First Mexican-American Star: The Amazing Story of Leo Najo by Noe Torres